This abandoned cinema opened its doors in 1931 and was known as the Regal Cinema. The design by Cecil Masey had the capacity for 1446 people.
In 1944 the cinema was damaged by fire and was closed for three months while restoration work was carried out.
In 1961 the Regal cinema was renamed the Odeon.
Also used as a live music venue, even the Rolling stones played two concerts here in September 1964.
In the 70's it became known as the Odeon Film Centre and had been expanded to three screens. By 1991 it had a total of 6 screens.
It eventually closed in 2002. In 2008 plans to turn it into a nightclub were declined and later in 2012 there was talk of it being demolished.