Chateau Rochendaal was the final stop off in Belgium on return to the UK after a week long urbex trip of lost places in Germany.
Built in 1881 by a local lawyer who later became Mayor of the town. Chateau Rochendaal later fell into military hands and was renovated and used by the German army during WWII as residence for high ranking officers. After the war it was taken over by the Belgian air force for officers residence. They ceased to use it since 1996 and since then has been left abandoned to let nature take its course.